Testiness.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Aug 31 00:09:03 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 17:16, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Indeed. Set LANG=C and try again...
>
> [I really *hate* this silly behaviour; I don't remember how  often  I
> used  something  like  "cvs  add [Ma-z]*" to add the Makefile and all
> source files in a new directory to CVS just to find  myself  deep  in
> the  sh*t  because  "[Ma-z]*"  was  expanded  to  include  the "CVS/"
> directory itself :-( ]

Ow.

Is this ubuntu brokenness, gnu brokenness, some standards body that
collectively dropped acid, or a simple mistake nobody's bothered to correct
because they think it's intentional?

This is clearly broken behavior, I'm wondering where the brokenness
originated.  (I'm guessing Microsoft might have been involved if it's a
standards body.  After all, MS filesystems are case insensitive...)