Testiness.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 30 22:16:52 UTC 2005

In message <200508301547.27803.rob at landley.net> you wrote:

> One of the ones, which is really odd, is that gnu sort on kbuntu is acting as
> if "-f" is always on.  (It's doing a case insensitive sort on the README.)  I
> for sort.  Could be something to do with LANG=en_US.UTF-8 or who knows what

Indeed. Set LANG=C and try again...

[I really *hate* this silly behaviour; I don't remember how  often  I
used  something  like  "cvs  add [Ma-z]*" to add the Makefile and all
source files in a new directory to CVS just to find  myself  deep  in
the  sh*t  because  "[Ma-z]*"  was  expanded  to  include  the "CVS/"
directory itself :-( ]

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ...  and  the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                                                 -- Wernher von Braun