[BusyBox] Is this a uclibc problem or a busybox problem?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Aug 27 20:25:01 UTC 2005

On Saturday 27 August 2005 03:55 pm, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Saturday 27 August 2005 14:40, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> > >busybox tar seems not to support '--exclude='

> > The main problem is that --exclude= will trigger the --exclude-from=
> > argument. Does anyone know if there is a switch to force unambiguous
> > arguments (i.e. exact match opt_foo for '--foo' and opt_foobar for
> > '--foob' and warn about '--fo' being ambiguous)?
>
> Isn't this a question of listing them in the right order?

even if you re-order the options, busybox tar still fails ...

> > which is attached (i wouldn't check that part in).
> > There's also a speeling fix in a comment and an adjustment to tar's
> > execl arguments (gcc complained about it) in there.
>
> I'll take a whack at it.  It would also be nice to cleanup uClibc so that
> A) it doesn't try to exclude CVS directories that are no longer there

*shrug* just covering all our bases ;)

> B) it notices when tar dies and fails the install correctly.

that is tricky ... in order to do this reliably, we'd have to break up the tar
into two commands and use a tempfile between them ... detecting failure in
earlier piped programs is pretty non-portable :/
-mike