[BusyBox] Lease remembering in udhcpc?

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 23:17:03 UTC 2005

It pains me to say this because his tact is non-existent, but I agree with
Rainer here.

If you are using DHCP, you should never be introducing potential caching
issues. If there is such an unreliable system that this happens often,
either use static IP or something like zero config to fall back. Reusing a
stale lease is never a good solution.

If it is on the wrong subnet, you have one of three options. It works, it
doesn't work, it doesn't work and the routers start sending notifications to
the IT guy that wrong subnet traffic is on the wire. In the 99.9999% times
where you are still on the same subnet, why the heck did you DHCP server go
away?