[BusyBox] sulogin without password?

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Thu Aug 18 08:44:00 UTC 2005

Quoting prashant waman <kiranprashant at yahoo.com>:
> > s/respan/respawn/
>   I was unable to understand the above line and how to
> write it in inittab. still i wrote it like,
> c1::s/respan/respawn/
> which does nothing.
>  can you please give the exact line tobe written in
> the inittab

Yes, sorry. :-/ As stated by Jason, that is a sed command. It is a kind of
'search and replace'. "man sed" for more info.

As a compensation :-), here is my inittab:
# Begin inittab
# System initialisation
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

# Give a root login prompt on the console
#::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
::respawn:/bin/ash --login

# Cleanup fuss
::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot
# End inittab

Which basically does what is in the comments. Note that the root login is on
my serial console.

Alternatively, look at docs/Busybox.txt and search for inittab. It rather
well explained there what does what.

HTH.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.