[BusyBox] sulogin without password?

prashant waman kiranprashant at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 12:22:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,
  I created a bootable disk with isolinux as a boot
loader which loads the kernel, extracts rootfs and
starts executing init. The init command uses the
/etc/inittab file to boot the system. the file
contents are as given below

# inittab
id:1:initdefault:

#system initialization.
si::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rc.S

l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 0
#c1:1235:respawn:/bin/sulogin /dev/tty1
l2:2:wait:/bin/sh
l3:3:wait:/bin/sh
l4:4:wait:/bin/sh
l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6

  In this case the sulogin prompts like this
Give root password for system maintenance (or type
Control-D for normal startup):

after giving the password it shows the prompt.

I have both the files /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow

Now the problem is, i want the sell prompt without
asking for the password.
How can i make the sulogin to give me the the shell
prompt with root privileges without asking for root
password.
Or is there any other way instead of using the
sulogin.

waiting for reply.

regards,
prashant