[BusyBox] [patch] devfs fix usage.h

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Aug 17 00:40:07 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 13:59, Tito wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 20:01, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 August 2005 02:54, farmatito at tiscali.it wrote:
> > > The change from "optional" to "obsolete" is just a matter of taste
> > > but surely not a  fix.
> >
> > For 1.1, it's clearly deprecated.  Support being yanked from the kernel.
> >
> > Does busybox _have_ a CONFIG_OBSOLETE?
>
> So should we add udev to busybox?
> The other change to the usage message is wrong tough.

If udev has finally stabilized, then possibly a cleaned up version that
doesn't block copy its own version of libsysfs into its sources.  (What is
the _point_ of having a shared library that isn't shared but that you copy
the source code of into your tarball???)  I'd have to look.

But that's a separate issue.  Busybox doesn't have the linux kernel, C
library, or an ssh server built into it, but that doesn't mean we can't have
opinions about what we _do_ include.  And devfs went straight from
"experimental" to obsolete without ever actually having a stable release
period...