[BusyBox] [RFC] enforce using functions from libbb

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue Aug 16 05:35:06 UTC 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 09:49 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> libbb provides a number of wrappers for commonly used functions.
> The attached proposed patch tries to make developers aware to use the
> functions provided by libbb.
> It's config option is located in the "Debugging" section of menuconfig.

sounds good in theory ... but i dont really like the name ;)

maybe something like CONFIG_DEBUG_USE_BB_FUNCS

> For each function in the overrides-list, a non-existing function named
> "please_use_xyz" is defined, -Werror-implicit-function-declaration is
> set in the toplevel Makefile.

no need to force error on the warnings ... trust me when i say that if busybox
emits a warning, we've reviewed the code a few times to try an eliminate
it ;)
running `make -s` helps a lot with this

ive committed the malloc->xmalloc changes since those are obvious bugfixes but
the way we implement this check system needs to be tossed around a bit i
think

also, i have no idea, but i think the convention is to include busybox.h and
not libbb.h ?  if so, we can easily enforce that by doing something like:
#ifndef _BB_INTERNAL_H_
# error "don't include libbb.h directly, use busybox.h"
#endif
-mike