[BusyBox] static & shared lib

Lancelot lancelotice at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:20:49 UTC 2005

hi, all

I am using intel iop80331 development board, and mount root file system by NFS.

If I built busybox in buildroot with static, I can work normal everytime.
But, when I built it with shared lib, I can only work normal on first
time when I mount the file system. And I used the follow command to
mount the file system.

mount -t ext2 -o loop root_fs_arm.ext2 /exports/fs

The system will hang up atfer show the follow information and silence forever.
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing init memory: 320K
If the system was work normal, it's will have the extra information
Initializing random number generator... done.
Starting network...
a: applet not found!

Welcome to the Erik's uClibc development environment.

uclibc login:

So, what's different between static and shared lib in busybox?
Is it the same as normal in linux ?

can any one give me some kind of hint ?
I didn't what to do on next.