[BusyBox] Generating binary keymaps with loadkeys

Michel Stempin michel.stempin at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 9 06:02:20 UTC 2005

Hi Rob,

>From a pure Busybox perspective, loadkeys is completely useless without the
-b option!

Maybe the best would be for me to forward this patch upstream to the kbd
team, as it doesn't harm the package (one more reason is that I took time
to modifiy the man page ;-)).

The only other way to build a binary keymap for Busybox is to build a host
busybox to be able to run "dumpkmap"... The only problem is that you can
only get the binary keymap for the running kernel translation table, unless
you change it on purpose. Plus, you need to be root to do all this :-(

Michel

--
Michel Stempin