[BusyBox] error while loading shared libraries

mcnernbm at notes.udayton.edu mcnernbm at notes.udayton.edu
Tue Aug 9 03:42:22 UTC 2005

So I have run strace on my program and found out it seems to be looking in
/usr/local/lib for the library files so I copied the needed files to that
directory but am still getting the same error.  It also complains about a
ld.conf.preload but when I create this file the file system fails to load.
 So I am still having no luck with shared directories.  When I place
/usr/local/lib into ld.so.preload on bootup it give an error about not
being able to load shared libraries.  So I am still at a lost and need to
find a way to get shared libraries to work.  Could this have anything to
do with the setuid issue I have seen so much about?
Thanks
Brett

Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>
08/08/2005 05:57 PM

busybox at mail.busybox.net
cc
mcnernbm at notes.udayton.edu
Subject
Re: [BusyBox] error while loading shared libraries

On Monday 08 August 2005 04:50 pm, mcnernbm at notes.udayton.edu wrote:
> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

you didnt copy all the libraries to the target system

run `readelf -d <file>` and review the DT_NEEDED entries to see what's
missing ... you could also run `ldd` on the target machine too (running it
on
the host will probably give you wrong results)
-mike