[BusyBox] CONFIG_ name clashing with kernel

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Aug 1 21:42:13 UTC 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 17:59, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> all the CONFIG_ defines we're using in busybox have lead to name space
> clashing with the kernel ...
>
> http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=316
>
> we can rename these three defines (SYSCTL/TR/WATCHDOG) or we could take
> care of this now (and forever) by replacing all of the macros with a
> different namespace:
> BB_CONFIG_*

Let's not make the prefix longer, thanks.

I just put in the ENABLE_ replacement for CONFIG_, and left the old one so we
wouldn't have change all the existing #ifdefs.  However, if the existing
#ifdefs are horked...

If somebody wants to change all the existing #ifdef CONFIG_XXX to #if
ENABLE_XXX (and submit a patch with _just_that_), it might be 1.1 material.
(Ask Erik.)  It's easy enough to yank the CONFIG_ ones from bb_config.h to
catch anything missing...