[BusyBox] svn- co or update

Uwe Zeisberger uzeisberger at fsforth.de
Mon Aug 1 13:08:10 UTC 2005

Hello,

> I didn't understand the following problems after checkout or update:
>
> in networking/ifconfig.c
>
> if (ENABLE_FEATURE_CLEAN_UP) close(sockfd);
> ---> error: `ENABLE_FEATURE_CLEAN_UP' undeclared

I find the same.  I tracked it down to uClibc's
include/bits/uClibc_config.h.  This file #define's AUTOCONF_INCLUDED
and so include/bb_config.h is completly empty after preprocessing.

So there is another name clash.

> in other files are this codelines...
> #ifdef CONFIG_FEATURE_CLEAN_UP
> xxx
> #endif
>
> What is now the right code?
>
> ///////////
> other problem:
> shell/ash.c:11849: error: parse error before "BB_VER"
same problem as above (not verified, but it looks so)

> but it is in include/bb_config.h defined...I don't see the problem! :(
> if i include "config.h" it will be work, what is the
> difference between
> include/bb_config.h and  include/config.h, beside
>
> in config.h
> #define CONFIG_FEATURE_BUFFERS_USE_MALLOC 1
> #undef CONFIG_FEATURE_BUFFERS_GO_ON_STACK
>
> and in bb_config.h
> #define CONFIG_FEATURE_BUFFERS_USE_MALLOC 1
> #define ENABLE_FEATURE_BUFFERS_USE_MALLOC 1
> #define ENABLE_FEATURE_BUFFERS_GO_ON_STACK 0
look at the rule for include/bb_config.h in Makefile.  bb_config.h
is generated from config.h

Best regards
Uwe