[BusyBox] [patch] zcip for busybox (rfc3927)

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 29 20:39:01 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 April 2005 11:54 am, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Monday 18 April 2005 02:04 pm, David Brownell wrote:
> > Here's my latest version of zcip for busybox.  I gave RFC 3927 a quick
> > diff against the draft I used when writing this, and the only obvious
> > technical change was renaming one of the protocol constants.
>
> Same problem as I mentioned to the previous guy, I'm having trouble applying
> your patch:

I don't think I noticed "previous" but that's not important ...

> knoppix at ttyp3[busybox]$ patch -p1 -i ../patches/bb-zcip0418.patch
> can't find file to patch at input line 3
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?

A "patch -p0" should do it.  SVN doesn't seem to want to
generate "patch -p1" style patches by default, and I don't
use it enough to have tried to find out how to improve it ...

> Care to send one in standard kernel patch format?

If it were a kernel patch, no problem

Maybe someone maybe confirm that the current procedures -- SVN
repository, SVN generating "patch -p0" style patches, but procedures
(including buildroot!) expecting "patch -p1" -- are in fact
the root cause here?  Fixable either by (a) expecting "-p0" style
patches, or (b) updating SVN?

> > Patch is against current SVN tree.  At this point I'd say it's time
> > to consider merging it into BusyBox, although I'd encourage people to
> > test it on their networks (and submit patches!) and explore how to
> > integrate it with mDNSResponder (etc) rather than go straight into
> > deployments.  Embedded Linux folk, including me, have a bit of a
> > learning curve to address with zeroconf, but it's time to start!
>
> Happy to.  Can't get the patch to apply.  (I've never had success typing in a
> file to apply a patch to by hand, I'm not sure that code path even works, and
> I haven't got time to fiddle with it right now...)

A "patch -p0" should work fine.

- dave