[BusyBox] Newbie Question: File backup

Christoph Elzer christophelzer at yahoo.de
Sat Apr 16 11:33:02 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

first of all let me say that I'm no Linux expert and
got myself into a situation that's way too big for
me... Note to self: no more root-server for me ;)

My server got hacked a few days ago and doesn't start
up properly anymore. I'm hostet at the German hoaster
Strato and they use BusyBox as recovery system - and
that's also the only way i still can access my
server...

On their servers the websites are stored in
/home/a/domains-starting-with-a/public_html/ to
/home/z/domains-starting-with-z/public_html/ and the
database in /var/lib/mysql.
I also did a backup of all that stuff with reoback
that's stored in /var/lib/reoback/backups/reoback.tgz
just hours before the server got hacked. Unfortunately
the backup weights about 11 gigs and so i decided to
download it later... a little bit too late obviously
:(

To make a long story short: is it still possible for
me to transfer some or all of that stuff to another
server? If I log in to the server via SSH I just see
the BusyBox shell and I really don't know what to do
with that...

Sorry if I bore you with my newbie talk but I'd be
really happy if I wouldn't loose all my data and
you're my only hope :(

Thanks in advance,
Chris