[BusyBox] Re: any reason why telnetd rejects and vanishes?

Vijay Padiyar vijay_padiyar at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:44:32 UTC 2005

Hi Robert

I suppose you get an error such as "Connection forcibly closed by remote
host", or something to that effect?

Can you tell me what device files are present in your target filesystem's
/dev directory? Also whether you've enabled CONFIG_FEATURE_DEVPTS in
BusyBox? You should have that feature enabled, as well as 'ptmx' device and
'pts' sub-directory respectively in the /dev directory:

crw-r--r--        1 root     root           5,       2 Feb  2 11:20 ptmx
drwxrwxrwt    2 root     root                 4096 Feb  2 11:20 pts

Regards

Vijay Padiyar

http://www.vijaypadiyar.eu.tf