[BusyBox] built-in commands problem

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Thu Sep 23 09:53:56 UTC 2004

Thomas,

 > I hope I do not ask something which was asked a lot before.
 > I have a problem with the built in commands.
 > Look:
 > root at compiler:/busybox-1.00-rc3> ./busybox ash
 > BusyBox v1.00-rc3 (2004.09.22-19:35+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
 > Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
 > root at compiler:/busybox-1.00-rc3> dmesg
 > ash: dmesg: not found
 > I always take the default config and CONFIG_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL=y

CONFIG_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL works so:
if the necessary applet is present at the current process,
test of call from the "/bin/busybox applet" is carried out.
You have not /bin/busybox or your /bin/busybox have not dmegs applet.
The algorithm with call "/proc/self/exe" have changed to "/bin/busibox"
special for ucLinux, this system have not /proc/self/exe.

--w
vodz