[BusyBox] built-in commands problem

Thomas Vögtle thomas at voegtle-clan.de
Wed Sep 22 21:25:50 UTC 2004

>> Sure. It's enabled in the default config, and I take the default
>> config + CONFIG_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL=y
>>
>> The "not found" happen to all built in commands. dmesg was one example.
>

> have you checked your PATH? does /bin/dmesg work? (both from within bb-ash)

What should my $PATH look like?

But on the other hand, config help says:
"... to use busybox applets in preference to executables in the PATH
whenever possible."

So I think $PATH could even be empty.
I tried that with busybox 0.60.5, and yes, thats ok.

/bin/dmesg does work.

> (i assume that "./busybox dmesg" works fine, right?)

Yes.

  Thomas Vögtle    email: thomas at voegtle-clan.de
  ----- http://www.voegtle-clan.de/thomas ------