[BusyBox] A few questions regarding busybox on uClinux

Juergen Hennerich juergen.hennerich at gmx.de
Mon Sep 20 08:33:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

i just compiled busybox for a new architecture (Blackfin), which only
supports uClinux. I now have a few questions:

Is there somewhere a list with all applets that do not work with uClinux
(without MMU)?

>From a quick peek into init.c i guess it is not supposed to work on
uClinux?

In libbb/syscalls.c and util-linux/mount.c there is a sysfs function
defined, which is never used. I commented that out. Have I overlooked
something?

In networking/inetd.c the nochdir and noclose parameters where missing
in vfork_daemon_exec, and despite the ifdef __uClinux__ there was a
daemon() call. I commented the daemon() call out and added 0, 0 to
vfork_daemon_exec. I unfortunately can't test inetd at this point, since
the actual blackfin uClinux port has still a few rough edges.

I changed miscutils/time.c from fork to vfork. Since the child is only
supposed to make an execvp I guess this is correct?

Regards,

	Juergen