[BusyBox] my_getpw(u/g)id (GNU changed the thing)

Felipe Kellermann felipek at exatas.unisinos.br
Tue Sep 14 14:53:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 3:26am  -0000, Tito wrote:

> > Thanks for notifying about the issue and have a good weekend,
> Hi,
> Let me know what's their opinion on it,
> I just copied the behaviour of id on my
> Linux box.

Hi Tito and others,
Paul Eggert agreed with me and changed the GNU version.

Here is my proposion:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2004-09/msg00081.html

And here is his reply:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2004-09/msg00086.html

Unfortunately, reading his patch I noticed that the solution doesn't
correspond exactly to what I was proposing -- and in fact I am still
thinking about this "issue" and about the cases that it should return
success and the cases it should not;  XCU doesn't specify a thing about
these things (don't know why).  I'll probably extend this discussion
with Eggert, which certainly is an authoritative person to make some
decisions about the issue, so I will suggest some more things...

--
Felipe Kellermann