[BusyBox] job control turned off, yet again aganin and again

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Tue Sep 14 07:42:12 UTC 2004

Jeff,

> Now I got this to work as long as I had all of the respawn lines
> commented out.  And I notice that you use once for your inetd action.

It is very old discussion. In the present UNIX system the "init"
does not allow controling terminal for respawn sessions.
"init" make steal controling terminal from exited session only.
Set controling terminal is given with "getty".

But modern users do not want to accept such behaviour
and on it specificity of "busybox" usage is imposed:
use in the minimalistic systems.

--w
vodz