[BusyBox] Cannot mount tempfs

Robert Weber rb_embedded at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 20:33:14 UTC 2004

Thanks for the help. There was a problem with our
toolchain. It didn't support floating point. We've
rebuilt the tool chain with the needed patches (gcc
3.3.2, glibc 2.3.2) and have verified that floating
point now works.

This has fixed some issues we've had (we got "illegal
instructions" now and then), but we still cannot mount
an ext2 ramdisk, or tmpfs. When mounting the ramdisk,
I get a "No such device" msg, when clearly there is a
/dev/ram0. Mounting tmpfs gives me the same "Invalid
argument" msg, which we all seem to agree is not the
real problem.

Is anyone else having mount problems with busybox and
a 2.6.8 kernel? Both ext2 and tmpfs filesystems are
supported. Thanks.

--- Charlie Brady <charlieb-busybox at e-smith.com>

http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/FilesystemTMPFS