[OT] Re: [BusyBox] Re: busybox_Digest,_Vol_19,_Issue_26

Patrick Huesmann tricknology at gmx.de
Sun Sep 12 14:37:33 UTC 2004

Hi,

>    i have compile glibc and gcc for powerpc,
> i just don't how to let busybox the lib and
> include of powerpc.
> 	TOPDIR/crossppc/
> 		./bin ./sbin ./lib ./include
> but busybox lie in another DIR.
> my question is how to pass compile parameter to
> busybox, which can access the header files.

This is OFFTOPIC in the busybox list, because its a toolchain problem.
You need to get a decent toolchain and then you won't have to worry about
GLIBC include files.

I recommend the ELDK from DENX it has good toolchains for powerpc that you
simply install via rpm.

http://denx.de/e/index1.php

If you want to compile your toolchain from source, the easiest way is
crosstool

http://kegel.com/crosstool/

Believe me or not, it's simply not worth to mess around with building
cross-toolchains, if you actually want to write some software. Other people
have put in hard work in that area. Simply use *their* work, it's much
easier that way.

If you still believe that you want to build your toolchain from scratch,
please ask the crossgcc list not the busybox list
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/

Regards,
Patrick

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl