[BusyBox] Cannot mount tempfs

Robert Weber rb_embedded at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 00:33:55 UTC 2004

Thanks Wolfgang. I've tried specifying the size too,
though the docs says it will default to 1/2 the RAM.

> mount  -t tmpfs -o mode=700,uid=0,gid=0,size=20M
tmpfs /tmp

fares no better.

All of these options work on my development station,
so the problem seems to be related to the toolchain
and the ARM, or maybe busybox itself when running on
the ARM 5910, I don't know.

Since mke2fs also fails (compiled from e2fsprogs
v1.35) with our toolchain (gcc 3.3.3, gclib 2.3.2),
I'm starting to suspect my build tools. Things build,
they run, but there are issues.

- Bob