[BusyBox] depmod.pl

ms419 at freezone.co.uk ms419 at freezone.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 21:16:45 UTC 2004

I'm trying to build modules.dep for a powerpc kernel on my i386 host.

I tried depmod, but it segfauls:

I also tried the depmod.pl script which accompanies BusyBox, but it
also seems to be broken:

jablko at wum:~/tmp/linux/kernel-image-2.6.7-200408200$
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-rc3/examples/depmod.pl -b lib/modules -F
boot/System.map-2.6.7-200408200
WARNING: base directory does not match ..../lib/modules
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-rc3/exa
mples/depmod.pl line 110.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-rc3/exa
mples/depmod.pl line 110.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-rc3/exa
mples/depmod.pl line 110.
[...]
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-rc3/exa
mples/depmod.pl line 110.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-rc3/exa
mples/depmod.pl line 110.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-rc3/exa
mples/depmod.pl line 110.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-
rc3/examples/depmod.pl line 76.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
../../busybox/busybox-1.00-
rc3/examples/depmod.pl line 79.
../../busybox/busyb
ox-1.00-rc3/examples/depmod.pl line 85.
nm: 'a.out': No such file
unresolved symbol __copy_tofrom_user in file
unresolved symbol __down in file
unresolved symbol __get_free_pages in file
[...]
unresolved symbol crypto_register_alg in file
unresolved symbol crypto_unregister_alg in file
unresolved symbol memcpy in file

Before trying to diagnose depmod.pl, I thought I'd enquire if a more
recent version is available, or if someone else has already got it
working?

Thanks,

Jack