[BusyBox] Cannot mount tempfs

Robert Weber rb_embedded at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 21:10:50 UTC 2004

Hello. I've tried creating an ext2 ramdisk with
busybox. Unfortunately, the mke2fs I compiled doesn't
seem to work for our environment (arm 5910, gcc 3.3.3,
glicc 2.3.2). It gives an illegal instruction error.

To move things along, I'm trying to use tmpfs instead,
which may be a better solution. tmpfs shows up as a
filesystem in /proc/filesystems, so it's compiled into
the kernel, but when I try to mount it with busybox's
mount command:

> mount tmpfs /tmp -t tmpfs

I get an invalid argument error. As I missing some
syntax issue here? Can anyone help?

- Bob