[BusyBox] my_getpw(u/g)id

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Fri Sep 3 09:04:21 UTC 2004

Tito,

> but when busybox is used on install disks to perform installs or upgrades
> or on rescue disks maybe it has to deal with a full system so IMHO
> it would be better to have not this limitation.

1) "ls" have 8.8%s out standart
2) "tar" have byte-count format
3) "procps" have 8.8% practically out standart
4) for "logger" we can use without addition buffer:
pw->pw_uid buffer or optarg or %ld size (is 9 fair supply?)
What remains? Only the utility "id".
For rescue/upgrade "id" show "0(root), 0(root)" practically ;-)
Show, where the conclusion of long names and add new function
in libbb is required.
Current yours of patches it is useless increase a code.

--w
vodz