[BusyBox] Couple of mount questions.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Oct 28 03:20:25 UTC 2004

1) If someone were to do a largeish rewrite/simplification of mount, and one
wanted to remove the "ancient bug memorial" comment list at the top of the
file which this would more or less invalidate, would one get crucified or
would entering it into the CVS description for the update be sufficient?

2) There's a big enum at the start of mount.c which is also in "sys/mount.h".
Unfortunately, somebody made the stupid decision to make this an enum rather
than just #define the constants, which means you can't #ifdef test to see if
MS_BIND or MS_MOVE are on the end.  The standard way around this kind of mess
is autoconf.  Are we likely to autoconfize busybox, or should I try to invent
some kind of ad-hoc version detection script for the build process, or are we
going to block copy more header data out?

Just curious...