[BusyBox] Need tech info on cron

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Tue Oct 26 16:30:05 UTC 2004

Le,

> I have a busybox based distribution on one floppy, everything working correctly.
>
> I encounter a problem using cron.
> When used with the debug option, it gives a syntax error:
> i.e.: crond -d 1 -L /var/log/cron.log

The debug option is a "debug" feature. For switch on this, must change
source crond.c:

-#undef FEATURE_DEBUG_OPT
+#define FEATURE_DEBUG_OPT

> Instead, it seems to work with the command: crond d 1 -L /var/log/cron.log but
> there is no result and it produces no output.

Heh. Crond do not check and use arguments, your usage equivalent as
crond -L /var/log/cron.log

But, I have not idea, why your a crond usages not works.
Can you try with for example "> /dev/tty5 2>&1" for see result on tty5?

--w
vodz