[BusyBox] /etc/init.d/rcS Exec format error

Jean-Francois Theroux jf at theroux.ca
Tue Oct 26 23:09:42 UTC 2004

Hey guys,

	I'm a new comer to the embedded world. I must say, busybox is a very
cool thing.

	Now I'm building a very simple embedded system right now, that will be
used via PXE. It will be loaded using a 2.6.9 kernel. Busybox will be
part of a initrd.img file.

	Now all that works fine, I can enter the busybox environment once I
boot it with PXE. But I have a small problem, it can't seem to run
what's in /etc/init.d/rcS. Which I understand from the doc, is called by
init first.

	So in there, I have 2 commands:
/usr/sbin/mount -a
/usr/sbin/partimage

	Nothing fancy. But I get this error message when Busybox is initialized:

Bummer, could not run /etc/init.d/rcS: Exec format error.

I've been looking at the mailing list archive, I can't find anything
regarding this.

I'm using version 1.00.

	Since it's my first time using Busybox, I'm assuming I'm the one to
blame for this. So if someone would be kind enough to either help me, or
point me to some documentation that will help me fix this, it would be nice.

Regards,

--
Jean-Francois Theroux
450.922.9125