[BusyBox] Crashing ash

George Goh georgegohkokleong at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 14:31:16 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying out busybox 1.00 for my arm-linux system and have run into a
problem. After the kernel boots and loads the rootfs, I see the message
saying that init has started running, and a askfirst shell starts on
the console. But when I press 'Enter' for ash, it seems to crash and
the askfirst shell starts again.

I am using the crosstool toolchain with binutils-2.15.90.2, gcc-3.4.2,
and glibc-2.3.3. The kernel I am using is 2.6.9-pre4. Is there a known
problem with this combination?

I have also tried to use the root_fs_arm.bz2 image from uclibc.org, in
the hopes that it would work, but I get nothing still.

Can someone point me in the right direction to diagnose this problem?

George