[BusyBox] sendmail for small systems

Dzuy Nguyen dzuy at itlogistic.net
Tue Oct 19 16:11:26 UTC 2004

It's not going to be practical to include sendmail in an embedded
system.  It has no business to.  You might want to re-think your
strategy.  You will need a mail server to relay for you mail client.

Running a smtp server is not that simple.  You don't want your
embedded box to handle bounce or queue messages (unless you have
a large disk).  Even if you can run a smtp server on the box, many mail
servers will reject your messages if your embbedded box does not
have an MX record i.e. being a real mail server itself.