[BusyBox] any way of pre-setting variables at the start of msh execution ?

Povolotsky, Alexander Alexander.Povolotsky at marconi.com
Fri Oct 8 19:19:09 UTC 2004

 Hello,

  - I am booting my board with prebuilt RAMDISK, which has BusyBox
 v0.60.1 (2002.10.24-02:29+0000) Built-in shell (msh)and currently do not
have a way to rebuild this RAMDISK.
 Further, every 300 s, this BusyBox re-executes and resets the PATH
 and PATHLIB environment variables to some defaults.
 Given that I can not change/replace those binaries (as they are part of
prebuilt RAMDISK ),
 - is there any "." file (similar to .shrc, .cshrc, etc ...), which msh
reads upon re-execution
 and which I could set with needed to me string of PATH variable ?

 Also is there any equivalent of "source" command for msh on busybox ?

# ps
  PID  Uid     Stat Command
    1 root     S    init
    2 root     R    [ksoftirqd/0]
    3 root     S    [events/0]
    4 root     S    [khelper]
    5 root     S    [kblockd/0]
    6 root     S    [pdflush]
    7 root     S    [pdflush]
    8 root     S    [kswapd0]
    9 root     S    [aio/0]
   15 root     S    /usr/sbin/xinetd -stayalive -reuse -pidfile
/tmp/xinetd.pid
  138 root     S    [rpciod]
  253 root     S    -sh
  254 root     S    /bin/sh /bin/application
  256 root     S    sleep 300
  258 root     R    ps

 Thanks,
 Alex