[BusyBox] msh bugs

Jeff Boyd JeffB at belkin.com
Tue Oct 5 19:36:14 UTC 2004

I found another bug in msh (SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN being first) when running
background which is in the grave routine. When it creates a pipe it doesn't
remap the file descriptors so that when it runs in background, since it does
not have stdin or out, it gets back 0 and 1 for its pipe fd's and then it's
dup2 doesn't work the way it is expecting and it steps on itself. What this
means then is that grave commands don't work when msh is run in background.
(While I was in there I also changed the remap routine to use fcntl F_DUPFD
rather than what it was doing.)