[BusyBox] location of pidof

Peter Willis psyphreak at phreaker.net
Mon Nov 29 18:39:00 UTC 2004

Slackware 10.0:

psypete at meatwad:~$ whereis pidof
pidof: /sbin/pidof /usr/man/man8/pidof.8.gz /usr/share/man/man8/pidof.8.gz

 From the pidof man page:

NOTES
       pidof is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program,
       which should also be located in /sbin.

So according to the sysvinit package's pidof program, it's supposed to
go in /sbin/. However logic dictates it go in /bin/ as it's useful to
users and does not require superuser privs to work. In either case, put
both /bin and /sbin in your PATH and it'll work regardless.