[BusyBox] patch: awk segfaults on export of empty env vars

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 23 03:30:48 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 10:34 pm, Larry Doolittle wrote:

> > Didn't you notice that an important part of open source development is
> > forking a big bloated project (or more often starting over) to make a
> > smaller and simpler version?  How do you think mozilla->galeon->firefox
> > happened?  Or dropbear?  Or tcc?
>
> Oh, I notice all right.  And indeed I heartily approve: besides busybox,
> see my efforts on Boa (not Apache) and ntpclient (not xntpd).  My window
> manager of choice is evilwm, etc.
>
> That doesn't keep me from having a sense of humor, and giving you a poke in
> the ribs when the opportunity arises.

It's been mentioned before on this list that somebody ought to start a list of
"other tiny linux projects".  We've actually got the start of a half-decent
list here, to tell you the truth, if Eric wanted to put a page up on the
busybox website and open comments on it.  (Matt Mackall's -tiny tree should
go in there too.)

I don't suppose there's a busybox wiki of some sort?