[BusyBox] question about SIGFPE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 20 00:16:00 UTC 2004

In message <5DDB491476FA71428249D37C08D6547806D42D at dcsevis02.sevis.com> you wrote:

> I am running a ftp client executable under busybox and it seems to work ok but does
> terminate after the file transfer with a SIGFPE.  (same executable works ok on the www.denx.com rootfs)
>
> Does anyone know why??   (see strace output below)

If it's running fine in the ELDK environment, then chances  are  that
it's  a  library  issue.  Probably  you are using some mis-configured
and/or incompatible libraries in your target environment.

> is it a configuration thing?

Probably - when building your libraries. You  did  not  mention  what
sort  of hardware you're dealing with - I bet it's a FPU less system,
and you are using libraries that were built assuing incorrectly  that
there was a FPU present.

Try copying the ELDK libraries to your target root filesystem.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Microsoft Multimedia:
You have nice graphics, sound and animations when the system crashes.