[BusyBox] busybox doubt

Simon Poole simon.armlinux at themalago.net
Fri Nov 19 12:03:21 UTC 2004

Balaji R M wrote:
> [root at localhost busybox-1.00-rc2]# make TARGET_ARCH=ppc CROSS=powerpc-linux-
> powerpc-linux-gcc -I./include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Os
> -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG    -c -o applets/applets.o
> applets/applets.c
> In file included from applets/applets.c:29:
> /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/stdio.h:138:28: bits/stdio_lim.h: No such
> file or directory
> In file included from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/limits.h:152,
>                 from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/bits/socket.h:31,
>                 from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/netinet/in.h:212,
>                 from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/netdb.h:28,
>                 from include/libbb.h:36,
>                 from include/busybox.h:54,
>                 from applets/applets.c:33:
> /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/bits/xopen_lim.h:34:28: bits/stdio_lim.h:
> No such file or directory
> make: *** [applets/applets.o] Error 1

This looks like a problem with your cross toolchain.  bits/stdio_lim.h
should be provided by glibc but isn't necessarily generated by default.

A quick google search throws up some relevant threads:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=stdio_lim.h%3A+No+such+file+or+directory+cross&meta=

E.g. see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-11/msg00044.html

Where did you get your toolchain from?  Did you build it yourself?  If
so, I recommend rebuilding it with crosstool.  This issue and many
others are dealt with for you, and you can save yourself plenty of time
and trouble:
http://kegel.com/crosstool/

--
Simon Poole