[BusyBox] busybox doubt

Balaji R M balajirm at rediffmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:29:51 UTC 2004

  hai simon,
      i have reconfigured the busybox but still it is showing problem on applet.c .

this is what i have got
[root at localhost busybox-1.00-rc2]# make TARGET_ARCH=ppc CROSS=powerpc-linux-
powerpc-linux-gcc -I./include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG     -c -o applets/applets.o applets/applets.c
In file included from applets/applets.c:29:
/home/balaji/Powerpc/include/stdio.h:138:28: bits/stdio_lim.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/limits.h:152,
                 from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/bits/socket.h:31,
                 from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/netinet/in.h:212,
                 from /home/balaji/Powerpc/include/netdb.h:28,
                 from include/libbb.h:36,
                 from include/busybox.h:54,
                 from applets/applets.c:33:
/home/balaji/Powerpc/include/bits/xopen_lim.h:34:28: bits/stdio_lim.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [applets/applets.o] Error 1

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 Simon Poole wrote :
>Balaji R M wrote:
>>   hi all,
>>         i am new to busybox i have downloaded busybox-1.00-rc2 to use it for
>>powerpc .i have configured it but when i try to install it is giving the
>>following error .please help me whether some thing is missing in
>>configuration .
>>this is what i have done
>>
>>#make TARGET_ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-
>>

>IIRC, the correct syntax should be:
>make CROSS=powerpc-linux-
>
>You shouldn't need TARGET_ARCH.  See the following comment from Rules.mak:
>
># If you are running a cross compiler, you will want to set 'CROSS'
># to something more interesting...  Target architecture is determined
># by asking the CC compiler what arch it compiles things for, so unless
># your compiler is broken, you should not need to specify TARGET_ARCH
>
>--
>Simon Poole
>www.appliancestudio.com

             \|||/