[BusyBox] nslookup always use default server

magicfox magicfox at magic.fr
Tue Nov 16 08:34:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

The warning obsolescence message of nslookup can be disabled by -silent
option. The name of command in not the matter.
The command host [host] [server] can be used in the same way to handle
UDP.53 request to the server (display of record type excepted).

Adding full qualified name support for server is simple, but we have to
be able to set the specified name server in the applet who is always
read in /etc/resolv.conf. It seems a uClibc issue who is ignore the
setup of the global _res structure normally used after res_init().

magicfox