[BusyBox] Pass Thru Echo In Telnet Client

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Thu May 27 13:28:32 UTC 2004

Rob Landley wrote:

>On Wednesday 26 May 2004 17:20, you wrote:
>

>>didn't name it ;-) my vt100 docs refer to this as "pass through
>>printing", "echo to printer", "printer logging on". So in a nutshell,
>>I'm asking if anyone else finds it helpful or if it's bloat. I picked
>>busybox for its low overhead, and I know you guys want to avoid feature
>>creep.
>>

>1) "Echo to printer" is a much better name.

FWIW, Pass-thru-printing or Pass-through-printing is a conventional name
in the workstation realm for passing printer data down the workstation's
connection -- in essence, passing printer data through the workstation's
connection.  All over, in auto shops, tire shops, parts stores, and
office buildings, the retail point-of-sale world still has old terminals
that use pass-thru printing to get data to the terminal's local
printer.  People who want this feature might not understand "Echo to
Printer" to be the pass-thru printing they're looking for

I assume you googled: http://www.google.com/search?q=pass-thru+printing

A term like "dynamic SCSI ID assignment" might be better than "SCSI
Configured Auto-magically", but SCAM is the conventional term.
Correcting the masses to use more logical terms might be an uphill battle!

Allan