[BusyBox] "tee" is kinda funky too...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu May 20 21:40:18 UTC 2004

So now I'm trying to rebuild my LFS system from within the first iteration of
it.  It's a bit...  idiosyncratic, in places.

Did anyone ever actually try to _use_ busybox's tee?  It reads its input in 4k
chunks, blocking until there's enough data.  This means if you pipe a compile
into it, you get nothing for a long time, then a screenfull of data (stopping
halfway through a line, usually), then nothing for a long time...

Did I mention that fread() is pointless and generally icky?  It was the
standards committe bureaucracy's contribution to the c programming language.
If fprint worked on a filehandle...

Does uclibc have either the gnu naming mistake "dprintf" or the intended
extension "fdprintf"?  If so we could avoid a lot of gratuitous FILE
structures in the code...

www.linucon.org: Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention
October 8-10, 2004 in Austin Texas.  (I'm the con chair.)