[BusyBox] amd64 insmod again

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at technion.ac.il
Wed May 19 21:12:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:15:47PM +0100, Gareth Glaccum wrote:
> Depends how small you really want it.

Size is nott that big an issue

> I compiled up insmod for my 2.6 kernel initrd, it came to 440K. If
> you can allow this waste of space (you could delete it later I
> suppose) it might be simpler than going to a new type of image that
> you are unused to.
>
> The script mkinitrd may also give you pointers to how to do a simple
> insmod.

Which one? I saw no such thing in Fedora and in Debian/stable . Both use
a separate insmod binary in the initrd . Fedora seems to use
/sbin/insmod.static, whereas Fedora seems to use the standard
/sbin/insmod

--
mailto:tzafrir at technion.ac.il       +---------------------------+