[BusyBox] BusyBox 1.0.0-pre10 and an MTA

Martin Bogomolni martinb at igotu.com
Tue May 18 04:41:57 UTC 2004

With all the talk of exim, qmail, sendmail and the like I thought this would
be a very good time to come out of 'lurk' mode.

As a side project for one of the main projects I am currently using BusyBox
for, I had to code up an MTA that would fit alongside everything else we are
putting into an embedded system in under 32M of storage space.

So, I coded up a new applet for BusyBox called, appropriately "NanoMTA".
It's a relatively complete little MTA that comes in under 70k once compiled
into "da box".  It's not ready for prime time, but I've certainly got the
code together enough to share, if there is a demand for it.

Another little applet I'm working on (but haven't finished) is a small ssh
client (alas, not a server).  Doesn't work properly yet.

I know 1.0 is in a codefreeze, but when the freeze lifts, if there is
interest, I'd be happy to contribute either (or both).