[BusyBox] Busybox 1.0.0-pre10 and sendmail

Frank Lenaerts lenaerts.frank at pandora.be
Mon May 10 21:47:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 09:18:07PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> What exactly do you need?
> * send mail by smtp?

Is there something that can _only_ do this? I'm just looking for a way
to avoid having a full blown postfix (which I use on normal systems)
on a minimalistic system.

I'm just thinking about the following but there might be better

- create a script which talks smtp (using nc or telnet)
- only take the necessary postfix parts (postfix is very modular)
(- use ssmtp with an SMTP relay)

lenaerts.frank at pandora.be

gpg fingerprint: A41E A399 5160 BAB9 AEF1  58F2 B92A F4AB 9FFB 3707
gpg key id: 9FFB3707

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer