[BusyBox] how to get "reboot" to work when using "minit"??

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Sun May 9 16:37:11 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> as i reported before, the BB reboot applet seemed to not be able to
> handle the combination of:
>
>   1) BB init being selected as part of the BB build, but
>   2) a different program being used at boot time
>
> which strikes me as a perfectly legal thing to do and something reboot
> (and shutdown, for similar reasons) should be able to deal with.

How would it deal with it? There are lots of init programs out there,
and they use different means of communicating shutdown/reboot events
into the init process. Some use sockets, some use signals, etc. The BB
reboot applet can only deal with the init programs it's prepared to deal
with, and those are what it comes with and was compiled to support.