[BusyBox] Re: Cross compiling

Viktor Safar viktor at salamon.sk
Fri May 7 10:47:07 UTC 2004

> > can someone show me how cross compiling Busybox for PowerPC, from an =
> > Intel target?
>
> -> wget http://busybox.net/downloads/busybox-1.00-pre10.tar.bz2
> -> tar jxf busybox-1.00-pre10.tar.bz2
> -> cd busybox-1.00-pre10
> -> make config
> Do you want to build BusyBox with a Cross Compiler? (USING_CROSS_COMPILER) [N/y/?] y
>   Cross Compiler prefix (CROSS_COMPILER_PREFIX) [/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-]
(NEW) ppc_8xx-
> -> make
>
> Where exactly is your problem?
>
> Wolfgang Denk

My crosscompiler works not quite good with busybox 1.00 pre10.
I can´t use some selections from menuconfig (See my mail dated
4.5.2004, subject "compilation errors"). I use mips-uclibc-gcc
and compile for R3000 CPU (Philips NINO). Compiling with standard
gcc (which comes with RedHat distribution) works fine for all
selections. BTW, the compilation crash with "login" and "sulogin"
selections turned on too, and with same error message as with
"passwd" option:
... undefined reference to 'difftime'
This makes me sad, cos there is no way to use embeded security
commands into Busybox, and using login and passwd "outside" eats
too much space ...
Is there someone who can help me with this ?
Thanx.

Viki

P.S. I have missplaced my mail to You Wolfgang, sorry 'bout that...