[BusyBox] Building Linux from Scratch 5.0 with busybox: how I did it.

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Thu May 6 20:22:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:34:16PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> Okay, I just finished building Linux From Scratch 5.0 all the way through with
> busybox replacing most of the FSF packages.  The resulting system SEEMS to
> work...
>
> My scripts are attached.  Here's what I did.

[ snip long list of corner-cases exercised by Monster program
build scripts, and how he resorted to the GNU version of sh, awk, etc. ]

Alternatively, you could attempt to call these things bugs in the
build scripts, patch them to depend on more widely available
features, and see if the upstream maintainers are non-parochial
enough to accept said patches.

    - Larry