[BusyBox] very slow response

David Meggy dmeggy at techsol.ca
Wed May 5 16:22:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 14:22, Arul Ponnusamy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Busy box v0.60.1 Built-in shell (msh) and linux kernel 2.14.18 for Arm 9 processor.
> > For some reason, the shell response is very slow. It takes some seconds to respond for any key that we press. Also, if the
> > shell prints any message, that also takes a while to appear in the screen.
> >
> > Whatever we print from the kernel works fine, without any delay.
> > The timer in the kernel works perfect.
> >
> > It looks like a similar problem that was discussed in the following thread.
> > http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2002-October/007071.html.   Was the problem solved?
> >
> > Could any one please show some light on this issue?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Arul

You only need to send 1 e-mail.  People tend to get annoyed when they
get the identical e-mail multiple times.

Reading your problem, it sounds like a kernel issue and not a busybox
issue.  Also the url you quote is the same thing.  They are also talking
about kernel issues.

Also the versions of software you are using are old enough, that
probably no one would remember minor issues.

Busybox 0.60.1 came out Aug. 23, 2001, and has 4 minor updates since.
You should at least try those first

Linux 2.4.18 came out Feb. 25, 2002, and has had many minor updates
since.
You should at least try those first too

Also the best way to figure out if you have a kernel/C library/Busybox
problem, is to try replace things and see if that improves.  Try another
userland program instead of Busybox, and see if it runs better.

David

--
     David Meggy

Technical Solutions Inc.