[BusyBox] Undefined reference to crypt

Andrew a.gatt at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 26 15:55:50 UTC 2004

I am using Mandrake 9.2 and successfully compiled
busybox a number of times with different utils
included, however when i try to compile in any of the
login / password functions i get a compile error. The
error is

/libbb/libbb.a(pw_encrypt.o)(.text 0x9): In function
'pw_encrypt':
:Undefined reference to 'crypt'

After doing a bit of a google i tried adding -lcrypt
and -lshadow to the cflags in the make menuconfig (not
really sure if this is where i should put them!) but
this had no effect.

Does anyone know what might be causing this compile
error? I have the libcrypt library installed on my
system in the /lib folder.

Thanks
Andrew